This vegan ranch is not only super creamy and tangy but also incredibly easy to make. It’s great as a dip with veggie sticks, cauliflower wings, or as a salad dressing. And it’s ready in less than 5 minutes!
Did you know that in 2017 forty percent in the U.S. named ranch as their favorite dressing? It’s also extremely popular as a dip with vegetables or other finger food. So of course we needed a vegan version of ranch on the blog! And the recipe couldn’t be much easier!
Is Ranch Vegan?
No, ranch dressing is usually not vegan as it’s made of a combination of mayonnaise and buttermilk. Besides, ranch dressing contains garlic, onion, herbs (mostly chives, parsley, and dill) and spices (black pepper and paprika).
However, it’s very easy to make a vegan version of ranch dressing as you can just replace the regular mayonnaise with vegan mayonnaise and leave out the buttermilk.
What You Need For The Vegan Ranch:
- vegan mayonnaise
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chopped parsley
- chopped dill
- apple cider vinegar
- unsweetened plant-based milk (for example soy or almond milk)
- salt and pepper
- paprika (optional)
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box at the end of this post.
What kind of vegan mayonnaise?
My favorite store-bought vegan mayonnaise is Vegenaise by Follow Your Heart or Just Mayo. Peta also has a great list of vegan mayonnaise brands with short reviews of each product.
If you’ve trouble finding vegan mayonnaise or if you’re looking for a cheaper version, you could also use homemade vegan mayonnaise. All you need is a blender, oil, soy milk, and apple cider vinegar.
Why did I use apple cider vinegar for my ranch?
Ranch dressing is often made with a combination of buttermilk and mayonnaise. To give our vegan ranch dressing its typical creamy and tangy taste, we added a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar instead of using buttermilk.
How To Make Vegan Ranch:
The recipe for the vegan ranch dressing couldn’t be much easier. You don’t have to do much and it’s ready in less than 5 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well. If you’re using the vegan ranch as a dressing for a salad, I recommend adding more plant-based milk to make the ranch thinner. Always make sure the plant-based milk you use is unsweetened.
My Favorite Ways to Use This Vegan Ranch Dressing:
There are so many great ways to use this ranch. Here are my favorite ideas:
- as a dip with veggie sticks like carrots, celery, cucumber, and broccoli
- on a big salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado (you could make the vegan ranch thinner by adding more plant-based milk)
- with cauliflower wings
- drizzled over pizza
- with potato wedges
- as a dip for vegan chicken nuggets
- on a veggie burger
- in a wrap or on tacos
Can you make vegan ranch without mayonnaise?
Yes, it’s definitely possible to make vegan ranch without mayo. You could, for example, use cashews as a base instead of vegan mayonnaise. However, you need a high speed blender to turn cashews into a creamy sauce.
For vegan ranch with cashews: Replace the mayonnaise with 1 cup of cashews and 1/2 cup of water. Then follow the rest of the recipe.
If you’re looking for a lighter version, you could replace the vegan mayonnaise with unsweetened plant-based yogurt or silken tofu.
However, if you’re looking for an authentic vegan ranch that comes pretty close to the real thing, I would recommend using vegan mayonnaise.
- Yogurt Dressing
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cauliflower Hot Wings
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Roasted Chickpeas
- 30 Amazing Vegan Party Recipes
I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS!
I hope you like this vegan ranch dressing as much as we do around here. It’s the best vegan ranch I’ve had so far.
If you give it a try, I’d love to know what you think about it. Just leave me a comment and a star rating below. Your comments really make my day!
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder (optional)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- You can serve the vegan ranch with veggie sticks, as a salad dressing, with cauliflower wings, on a veggie burger, or with vegan chicken nuggets. Or drizzle it over pizza!
- Always make sure the plant-based milk you use is unsweetened.
- If you're using the vegan ranch as a dressing for salad, I recommend adding more plant-based milk.
- For a lighter version you can use plant-based yogurt (again, make sure it’s unsweetened) or silken tofu instead of vegan mayonnaise.
- Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this recipe will last up to 7 days in the fridge.