These vegan cauliflower tacos with vegan yogurt garlic sauce are the perfect comfort food! They’re super crispy, easy to make, and sooo delicious!!
Ever since I’ve tried cauliflower wings for the first time, I can’t get enough of them. Neither can my hubby! He’s actually even more obsessed with them than I am. So when I suggested to make vegan cauliflower tacos, he was totally in. And they turned out so delicious!
How to Make Cauliflower Tacos
I basically used my recipe for the cauliflower wings that I posted last summer. I usually add a bit of sriracha to the BBQ sauce to make it spicier. But of course that totally depends on your personal preferences. When I first made cauliflower wings, I only coated them with a mixture of flour and spices for the first round in the oven.
For the second round, I then added BBQ sauce. However, after a couple of times I started to also roll the cauliflower wings in panko bread crumbs before baking them for the first round. This made them so much crispier. So I highly recommend using panko bread crumbs for the coating.
What You Need For The Vegan Cauliflower Tacos:
- a small head of cauliflower
- all-purpose flour
- almond milk or other plant-based milk alternatives (make sure it’s unsweetened)
- panko bread crumbs
- garlic powder
- paprika powder
- red cabbage
- an avocado
- fresh lime juice
- unsweetened coconut or soy yogurt
- green onions and cilantro
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box at the end of this post. The ingredient list might seem a bit long at first sight but it contains a lot of spices and other products you most likely got at home anyways like flour or almond milk.
What to Put in Vegan Tacos
There are so many great options on what to put in vegan tacos. While these cauliflower tacos are one of my favorites, I also like using other toppings like:
- black beans or kidney beans
- vegan ground meat made with tofu (for example my spicy vegan tofu chili)
- store-bought vegan soy crumbles
- seasoned chickpeas
- grilled bell peppers
- spicy Mexican rice with beans and guacamole
- Mexican quinoa with black beans and corn
- lentil walnut meat
- vegan sour cream made with cashews
I hope you like these vegan cauliflower tacos as much as we do around here. They’ve been a huge hit with us! If you like spicy food, you should also check out my cauliflower buffalo wings.
Have a great week, everyone!
Sina – xx
Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
For the cauliflower wings:
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 cup BBQ-sauce
- sriracha sauce (optional)
For the tacos:
- 1 small romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 small red cabbage, cut into stripes
- 1 avocado, cut into stripes
- juice from one lime
- sriracha sauce
- green onions, cut into rings
- fresh cilantro
- 6 medium corn or flour tortillas
For the vegan yogurt garlic sauce:
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based coconut or soy yogurt
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Heat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic power, the paprika powder, the salt, and the black pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Dip the florets into the batter, so they're completely coated. Roll them in the panko breadcrumbs (omit this step for a gluten-free version and use chickpea flour instead of all-purpose flour). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Don't put them on top of each other. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and dip them in the BBQ sauce. Coat evenly. Put them back on the baking sheet. If you want them to be spicier drizzle a bit of sriracha sauce on top or add it to the BBQ sauce before coating the cauliflower wings. Bake for another 25 minutes.
- For the yogurt garlic sauce, combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the cauliflower wings on the soft tortillas together with the lettuce, the red cabbage, the green onions, the cilantro, and the avocado. Drizzle some fresh lime juice on top and serve with the yogurt garlic sauce and some more sriracha sauce (optional). Enjoy!