I absolutely LOVE pasta and I love quick and easy meals! So this Asian style vegan one pot pasta with coconut milk and red curry paste is absolutely perfect. It’s my new favorite meal for weeknight dinners. Easy, healthy, and so incredibly delicious and creamy.
And you need only one pot to make it! This vegan one pot pasta really couldn’t be much easier. You just throw in all of the ingredients – including the uncooked pasta – and then cook it for about 15 minutes. This way it’s packed with flavor and it saves you lots of time and also dirty dishes. As all my recipes, it’s of course 100 % vegan.
When I first tried one pot pasta, I was actually really skeptical. I mean it does sound a bit weird, doesn’t it? And when I shared my vegan one pot spaghetti with vegetables on my Facebook page, some people actually got really mad. Haha! One guy even commented that this would be considered a blasphemy in Italy. Well, this vegan one pot pasta might not be a traditional pasta recipe, but it’s so darn delicious!! It’s like an Asian style one pot pasta with the coconut milk and the red curry paste. Super aromatic, a bit spicy, and sooo creamy!
What You Need For This Vegan One Pot Pasta
- pasta (I used fusilli, but other small pasta work just as well)
- one zucchini
- frozen peas
- one red bell pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- one onion
- two cloves of garlic
- coconut milk
- diced tomatoes
- red curry paste (make sure it’s vegan!)
As always, you can find the full recipe beneath the text section in a separate, printable recipe box.
Hope you all have a great weekend! Sina – xx
Creamy Vegan One Pot Pasta (Asian Style)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups uncooked fusilli
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 3 cups diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1 cup coconut milk (whole fat)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat some oil in a large pot and sauté the onion for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the garlic, the zucchini, and the red bell pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the cherry tomatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes and cook for two more minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Enjoy!