These lemon spaghetti with spinach are the perfect recipe for busy weeknights! It’s a one pot meal, super delicious, comforting, and 100 % vegan!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know that I’m totally in love with vegan pasta recipes. And I’m also a huge fan of one pot meals! So these lemon spaghetti, or spaghetti al limone, are just perfect for me. We’ve had them a few times in the last couple of weeks and still can’t get enough of them. Sooo yummy!
And the best thing is that you need only one pot to make them and you don’t even have to stay in the kitchen the whole time. Or actually you should probably stay close by, but you don’t have to do much. You only have to sauté the chopped onions and the garlic and then just add the remaining ingredients including the uncooked spaghetti.
At first, I was a bit skeptical about one pot pasta, but I just love that the pasta is cooked in the pasta sauce. This gives the pasta dish a much deeper flavor! And you’ve got less dirty pots this way, which is also great.
What You Need For The Lemon Spaghetti with Spinach
- one onion
- vegetable broth
- coconut milk
- one lemon
- fresh spinach
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
Sounds pretty easy, right? No fancy or hard to find ingredients! As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate, printable recipe box at the end of this post.
The lemon spaghetti are actually more of a summer recipe, but I also love eating them in the winter. Maybe even more than in the summer! It kinda makes me feel like summer is already here. Haha! I love cold and sunny winter days with lots of snow, but I’m also looking forward to summer. Most of all, I’m looking forward to eating outside on our balcony again. That’s just the perfect end to a long day. Maybe even with a glass of white wine… Oh, I should stop talking about summer or I’m getting all nostalgic!
I hope you like the recipe for the vegan lemon spaghetti as much as we do around here!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Sina – xx
Looking For More Vegan One Pot Pasta Recipes?
Lemon Spaghetti with Spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 9 oz spaghetti
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, heat some oil and sauté the onion for 3 minutes until it becomes translucent. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the uncoooked spaghetti, the vegetable broth, the coconut milk, and the lemon juice. Stir a couple of times and gently push the spaghetti in the liquid when they're soft enough (this might take a couple of minutes. Try not to break them when they're still too hard). Cook for 15-18 minutes.
- When the spaghetti are al dente, stir in the spinach and the lemon zest. Cook for 2 more minutes and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!