I absolutely LOVE a good vegan burger! And these black bean patties are one of my all-time favorites! They’re super easy to make, incredibly healthy, and packed with protein. Plus, they’re grillable, which makes them perfect for the summer!
I’ve tried sooo many different vegan burger patties in the last years. I just checked and I already posted five burger recipes on the blog:
- Vegan Mushroom Burgers (hearty & easy)
- Vegan Pumpkin Burgers (perfect for fall)
- Chickpea Quinoa Burgers (a real power burger)
- Green Monster Veggie Burgers (kale, broccoli, peas, and celery – probably the healthiest burger ever!)
- Vegan Lentil Burgers (one of the first vegan burgers I tried)
And for those of you who are looking for even more vegan burger recipes, I got a huge roundup of 35 vegan burgers.
So I was definitely missing a vegan black bean burger in my little burger collection. I’ve been making these vegan black bean patties for a couple of years and we always love them. They’re pretty firm for a veggie burger, so you could put them on the grill if you want.
Black Bean Patties – What You’ll Need
You probably got most of the ingredients for these black bean patties in your pantry.
- black beans (duh! big surprise)
- rolled oats
- wholemeal bread crumbs
- 1/2 carrot
- fresh parsley
- paprika powder
- red pepper flakes
As always, you can find a detailed ingredient list and recipe instruction in a separate recipe box. Just scroll down a bit.
I usually double the recipe and make a large batch of these vegan black bean patties. Then I just freeze the leftovers for busy weeknight dinners. It’s so nice to be able to have healthy food even on busy days. We usually eat them on whole wheat buns or just with a nice salad.
I hope you like these vegan black bean patties as much as we do around here!
Have a great weekend, everyone!!
Sina – xx
Black Bean Patties (Vegan & Grillable)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut into small chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 2 cans black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 cup wholemeal bread crumbs
- red pepper flakes
- Heat some oil in a large pan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and the garlic. Cook for 3 more minutes.
Rinse the black beans. In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a fork, leaving some black beans partially intact for texture. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them in using your hands. Either form four large or six smaller burger patties.
- You can either heat some oil in a pan and cook the burger patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or you could make them on the grill.