This one pan Mexican quinoa with black beans and corn is super easy to make, packed with protein, and so comforting! It’s the perfect dinner recipe for busy days! I love eating it with fresh parsley and avocado.
Ever since I’ve first tried quinoa, I absolutely loved it! I usually use it to make salads (mostly with tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and parsley) and sometimes we also eat it as a side dish. Oh and in the winter, I love making a quinoa soup with tomatoes and kale. I really gotta post this recipe (it’s actually my mom’s) on the blog in the coming months. It’s sooo good! But first, I’ve the recipe for this one pan Mexican quinoa for you guys. It’s incredibly healthy and I absolutely LOVE making it one busy weekdays. The recipe is super simple and ready in only 25 minutes!
One Pan Mexican Quinoa – What You’ll Need
You don’t need any unusual ingredients for this vegan one pan Mexican quinoa. Except for the red bell peppers and the other fresh ingredients (parsley and lime), you might even have everything in your pantry waiting for you.
- quinoa (big surprise here! Haha!)
- black beans
- frozen corn
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers (I used an orange and a red one)
- paprika powder
- fresh lime juice
- chopped parsley
- vegetable broth
- canned diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box underneath the text section. The recipe is super simple. You basically just sauté the onion and the garlic and then you add the rest of the ingredients and cook them for 20 minutes.
For an extra boost of vitamins and iron, I usually add lots of fresh parsley. I always buy a huge bunch and then I just use the leftovers for green smoothies in the morning. And don’t forget to add some avocado on top. Yummy!! Quinoa has so many health benefits and I love how easy it is to prepare. The one pan Mexican quinoa is also great as some kind of salad or quick lunch. So you can just take the leftovers to work the next day or save them for a picnic.
I hope you like this one pan Mexican quinoa as much as we do around here! Look out for more vegan one pot recipes in the next weeks. I’m planning to put together a massive roundup of vegan one pot meals soon. In the meantime, you can check out my creamy Asian one pot pasta (it’s made with coconut milk and red curry paste) or my recipe for one pot spaghetti with kale, broccoli, tomatoes, and tons of other veggies. They’re both so easy!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Sina – xx
One Pan Mexican Quinoa
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (I used an orange and a red one)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- juice of one lime
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado, to serve
- Heat some oil in a large pot or pan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Then add the garlic and the bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes on high heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the lime juice, the green onions, and the parsley.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes. Then stir in the lime juice, the green onions, the parsley and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Serve with avocado on top.