These quinoa stuffed bell peppers are one of my favorite weeknight meals! They’re super delicious and incredibly healthy. And the best thing is that they’re made in the slow cooker and the recipe couldn’t be any easier.
I absolutely love quinoa – it’s super versatile and so good for you! And I also love my slow cooker! It makes cooking so easy, especially in the winter. I mean how great is it to come home after a long day and have a delicious and comforting meal waiting for you in your slow cooker? You need only 10 minutes to make these quinoa stuffed bell peppers with black beans. Your slow cooker is then doing the rest for you. I know 10 minutes sound crazy for stuffed peppers, but you use uncooked quinoa for these quinoa stuffed bell peppers. No need to precook it!
Health Benefits of Quinoa
Quinoa got so many health benefits! It’s:
- extremely nutritious (it’s packed with proteins (8 grams of protein per one cup of quinoa) and quinoa is a complete plant-based protein (it got all of the essential amino acids!))
- very high in fiber, in fact much higher than most grains
- gluten-free, which makes it perfect for people who suffer from a gluten intolerance
- a good source of important minerals like iron and magnesium
- very high in antioxidants
So these quinoa stuffed bell peppers are super good for you!
What You Need for the Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
The ingredient list for these vegan stuffed peppers is pretty short and you don’t need any fancy ingredients!
- 6 bell peppers
- uncooked quinoa
- black beans
- diced tomatoes
- paprika powder (I used regular and smoked paprika powder)
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
As always, you can find the full ingredient list in a separate printable recipe box at the end of this post.
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do around here! We’ve already made it so many times! I love serving these quinoa stuffed bell peppers with some fresh guacamole and cilantro or parsley on top. Any maybe even some salsa. So good!
Hope you all have a great week!
Sina – xx