These vegetarian lettuce wraps with quinoa, black beans, and corn are the perfect meal for hot summer days. They’re super light, extremely healthy, vegan, and pretty easy to make! One of my favorite summer meals! Top them with a little bit of sriracha for extra spiciness!
I LOVE wraps! They make such an easy and delicious lunch. And why not just use lettuce instead of tortilla wraps once in a while?! This makes them even healthier and it’s just as easy. I usually use Romaine lettuce for these vegetarian lettuce wraps, but you could also use collard greens or kale instead.
Romaine lettuce has not only the perfect-sized leaves for lettuce wraps, but it’s also pretty good for you. For example, it’s a great source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, and iron. It also contains magnesium and calcium. In combination with quinoa and black beans, these vegetarian lettuce wraps are SUPER HEALTHY and packed with protein. And I also added chopped fresh parsley, which is very rich in iron and thus perfect for vegans and vegetarians.
Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps – What You’ll Need:
The ingredient list for these vegan lettuce wraps isn’t too long and you’ll find all of the ingredients in a regular grocery store.
- romaine lettuce
- black beans
- fresh parsley
- green onions
- white bean spread or hummus
- one lime
- paprika powder
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box beneath the text section.
I topped these vegetarian lettuce wraps with a white bean spread with tomatoes, but you can also use hummus instead. Hummus with roasted red pepper would work really well. Or maybe some sort of spiced hummus. If you want them to be a bit spicier, you can also add some sriracha on top.
I hope you like these vegetarian lettuce wraps as much as I do!
Have a great week, everyone! Sina – xx
Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, cut into rings
- 3/4 cup white bean spread or hummus (hummus with roasted red pepper works really well)
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Rinse and drain the black beans and the corn. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the black beans and the corn with the quinoa, lemon juice, paprika powder, cumin, and chopped parsley. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Equally fill the quinoa mixture into the lettuce leaves and top them with some hummus, green onions, and if you want some sriracha. Enjoy!