This vegan BBQ pizza with crispy cauliflower and garlic sauce is the perfect comfort food! It’s very easy to make and so delicious!
This vegan cauliflower pizza is basically a vegan version of BBQ chicken pizza. But instead of chicken the recipe calls for cauliflower, which makes it so much healthier. I kind of fell in love with cauliflower lately. It’s such a versatile vegetable and you can use it for so many delicious vegan recipes!
Some of my favorites are my vegan cauliflower wings with BBQ sauce and my vegan cauliflower tacos. Both are real crowd-pleasers! If you’re looking for more vegan recipes using cauliflower, I also got a whole roundup of vegan cauliflower recipes!
What You Need For This Vegan BBQ Pizza
The ingredient list for this vegan BBQ pizza is pretty short.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- your favorite BBQ sauce
- smoked paprika powder
- garlic powder
- liquid smoke (optional but recommended)
- easy vegan pizza dough (recipe follows) or a store-bought pizza dough
- fresh chopped parsley and green onions
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and detailed recipe instructions in a separate, printable recipe box at the end of this post.
For the vegan garlic sauce, I used unsweetened coconut yogurt and fresh chopped garlic. Simple and delicious! You could also use vegan ranch dressing instead.
How To Make BBQ Pizza – Easy Vegan BBQ Pizza Recipe
Making this vegan BBQ pizza is super easy! I used a homemade pizza dough but if you’re having a lazy day, you can also use a store-bought pre-made dough.
- If using a homemade pizza dough, make the dough. Omit this step if you’re using a pre-made dough, which makes things even easier!
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Combine the BBQ sauce with the spices.
- Use half of the sauce to dip the florets in, so they’re completely coated.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes at 350 °F.
- In the meantime, get your dough ready. Coat the baked BBQ cauliflower with the remaining sauce and place them on the pizza.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and green onions. And don’t forget the vegan garlic sauce!
I’ve made this recipe so many times and it’s a real keeper!
BBQ Pizza Dough
I used my favorite homemade pizza dough for this BBQ pizza. It’s super easy to make and really crispy. I make it all the time.
Probably you got all of the ingredients for this easy pizza dough at home.
- all-purpose flour
- instant yeast
- olive oil
- lukewarm water
You can find the full ingredient list for this easy vegan pizza dough in a separate, printable recipe box at the end of this post.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Slowly add the olive oil and the warm water.
- Knead the dough with your hands. Add more water if needed.
- Form a ball and put it in a bowl that you cover with a cloth or kitchen towel. The best thing about this dough is that is doesn’t have to rise for too long. 45 minutes is definitely enough. Maybe you could even get away with 30 minutes if you let the dough rise in a warm place.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead.
How long to bake homemade pizza dough:
I usually bake my pizza dough for 12-15 minutes. It depends a bit on how thick your pizza is and also on your oven. Also, each oven is a bit different even if you use the same baking time.
The pizza is supposed to be lightly brown and crispy, so just check towards the end of the baking time and adjust the baking time if needed.
Can you freeze homemade pizza dough?
Yes, absolutely! It’s very easy to freeze pizza dough and it works really well. You can also double the recipe and freeze it. Just let it fully rise and then put it in freezer bags.
You can store it in the fridge up to 3 months. You can even make smaller batches for single pizzas.
I hope you like this vegan BBQ pizza as much as we do! Let me know if you give it a try! If you’re looking for more vegan pizza recipes, check out my roundup of 18 drool-worthy vegan pizza recipes.
Sina – xx
BBQ Pizza with Crispy Cauliflower (Vegan)
For the BBQ cauliflower:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup BBQ-sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
For the homemade pizza dough:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
For the vegan garlic sauce:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- First make the dough. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Slowly add the olive oil and the warm water. Knead the dough with your hands. Add more water if needed. Form a ball and put it in a bowl that you cover with a cloth or kitchen towel. The best thing about this dough is that is doesn't have to rise for too long. 45 minutes is definitely enough. Maybe you could even get away with 30 minutes if you let the dough rise in a warm place.
- In the meantime, make the BBQ cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Combine the BBQ sauce with the spices. Use half of the sauce to dip the florets in, so they're completely coated. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes at 350 °F.
- Get your dough ready. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead to form two pizzas.
- Coat the baked BBQ cauliflower with the remaining sauce and place them on the pizza. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and green onions.
- And don't forget the forget the vegan garlic sauce! Just combine the ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the pizza. Enjoy!