You will love this creamy mango smoothie! It’s super easy to make, incredibly delicious, and completely plant-based. An easy treat that is ready in only 5 minutes!
It’s such a nice breakfast or afternoon snack and also a huge hit with kids! It’s smooth, creamy, and sweet with no additional sugar.
You need only six ingredients for this smoothie. Five if you’re not counting the ice cubes that you probably have in your freezer anyways.
Why This Recipe Works
Using a ripe banana and a mango guarantees you end up with a pleasantly sweet and refreshing smoothie.
The orange juice adds even more flavor and if you’re a fan of citrus fruits, you could also add a bit of lime juice.
Adding ice cubes makes this smoothie perfect for hot summer days!
What Goes Into This Recipe
- almond milk – I recommend using unsweetened almond milk
- plant-based yogurt – I usually use unsweetened soy yogurt but it works also well with coconut yogurt
- orange juice – either use fresh orange juice or a good quality
- ice cubes – they make this smoothie even more refreshing
How to Make This Recipe
The recipe for this mango smoothie couldn’t be easier. You only need to follow two easy steps. 5 minutes is all you need!
STEP 1: Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
STEP 2: Process until smooth. Fill the mango smoothie into two glasses and enjoy!
- If you want a thicker smoothie that resembles a milk shake, you can use two frozen bananas instead of one at room temperature.
- If you want to add even more fruits, I recommend frozen pineapple or strawberries. It’s also great with a bit of fresh lime juice.
- Make sure you’re using a ripe mango for this smoothie. It should be soft and it should have a sweet smell. It helps to put the mango in a paper bag to speed up the ripening process.
For a tropical version, you could add some pineapple to your mango smoothie. I prefer to use frozen pineapple.
Add one cup of frozen pineapple.
Strawberries and mango are another great combination. You could either use fresh strawberries or frozen ones.
Add one cup of strawberries.
How do I know when a mango is ripe?
It’s very important that you use a ripe mango for this smoothie. Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to tell if a mango is ripe or not.
Here are some great tips:
- Don’t fixate on the color. A red hue is not necessarily a sign that a mango is ripe. It just shows how much sun exposure it had.
- When the mango is ripe, it will have a strong and sweet smell.
- Gently squeeze it. It should be soft but not too soft (then it will be overripe).
- It helps to put it in a paper bag to speed up the ripening process.
Related Smoothie Recipes:
- Easy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Smoothie Without Milk
- Apple Pear Smoothie
- Green Smoothie Popsicles
I Love To Hear From You Guys!
I hope you like this mango smoothie recipe as much as we do around here.
If you give it a try, I’d love to know what you think about it. Just leave me a comment and a star rating below. Your comments really make my day!
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt (unsweetened soy or coconut yogurt)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 5 ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Process until smooth. Fill the smoothie into two glasses and enjoy!
- If you want a thicker smoothie that resembles a milk shake, you can use two frozen bananas.
- If you want to add even more fruits, I recommend frozen pineapple or strawberries. It's also great with a bit of fresh lime juice.
- Make sure you're using a ripe mango for this smoothie. It should be soft and it should have a sweet smell.