This banana milk is a quick and refreshing drink that you can whip up in just 5 minutes. If you like bananas, you will love this drink!
I’ve always loved bananas and as a kid this was my favorite drink. And I still can’t get enough of it. It’s so refreshing on a hot summer day. And it’s also great with cereal.
Why This Recipe Works:
The recipe couldn’t be any easier! All you need is 5 minutes and a good blender.
The recipe is super budget-friendly and only calls for ingredients you most likely have at home anyways. So it’s perfect for sudden cravings.
And it’s not only super delicious but it’s also packed with vitamins and nutrients.
The bananas make this shake perfectly sweet without having to add any kind of sweetener. The almond milk makes it creamy.
The crushed ice makes it cold and refreshing. And the vanilla extract adds a nice vanilla taste that goes perfectly with the banana flavor.
What Goes Into This Recipe:
- Bananas – make sure to use ripe bananas. They should have a few brown spots on the outside.
- Almond milk – I usually use unsweetened almond milk. Soy or oat milk also works well.
- Crushed Ice – You could also use ice cubes.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Step: Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
2. Step: Blend until smooth.
Recipes Notes and Tips:
- Make sure to use ripe bananas. They should have a few brown spots. The riper the banana is the sweeter it is.
- You could also add more spices if you want. Cinnamon and nutmeg also work really well.
- If you want your drink to be sweeter, you could add a couple of dates, but I personally think that the bananas are sweet enough on their own.
- Are you allergic to nuts? Then just use oat milk instead of almond milk.
- For an even healthier smoothie, add two teaspoons of chia seeds and flax seeds.
- The banana milk will separate and change its color rather quickly. So make sure to drink it soon after making it.
- Chocolate – add two teaspoons of cocoa powder. If you want you could also add a bit of sea salt.
- Cinnamon – add one teaspoon of cinnamon. I recommend Ceylon cinnamon.
- Strawberry – banana and strawberries is such a great combination! Add 1 cup of frozen strawberries.
- Peanut Butter – add two tablespoons of unsweetened peanut butter.
Related Smoothie Recipes:
- Mango Smoothie
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Easy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Smoothie without Milk
- Vegan Milkshake
I Love To Hear From You!
I hope you like this banana milk as much as we do around here.
If you give it a try, I’d love to know what you think about it. Just leave me a comment and a star rating below. Your comments really make my day!