These vegan gnocchi with a creamy cashew sauce, spinach, and tomatoes are the perfect weeknight meal. It’s super easy to make and incredibly comforting! And it’s ready in only 15 minutes!
I hope you all had a good start into the new year! 2017 went by sooo fast! It’s been a crazy year for us. We got married (what an amazing day!), moved to another city, made new friends, and went on so many amazing trips!
2017 started off really crappy for us as both of my grandparents passed away within only 3 weeks in January. In March, we then went on our honeymoon to New Zealand and our car got broken in and all our stuff was stolen. We were literally left with the clothes we had on, our cellphones, and my camera. They even took our toothbrushes and the rest of the stuff you carry around as a tourist. I was often talking about minimalism before but that wasn’t what I meant. Haha!
But then things definitely turned around and the rest of 2017 was pretty good for us. So all in all, it was a year with many ups and downs! I’m curious what 2018 will bring and I’m looking forward to many more delicious recipes on the blog. Thanks so much for all your lovely comments and photos of Vegan Heaven remakes. They make my day!
I really enjoyed the holidays and all the delicious festive food we had. But now I’m totally ready for easier dishes! These vegan gnocchi with spinach is one of these dishes. I’ve made it so many times and it’s always a winner!
What You Need For These Vegan Gnocchi with Spinach and Tomatoes
- store-bought gnocchi
- cashews (unsalted and not roasted)
- nutritional yeast
- tapioca starch
- unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper
As always, you can find a detailed ingredient list and recipe instructions at the end of this post in a separate recipe box. You will need a good blender to make the vegan cheese sauce with cashews. If you don’t have a high speed blender, soaking the cashews over night helps a lot. Otherwise you don’t have to worry about soaking them. I use a vitamix and I never soak my cashews for vegan cheese sauces.
I hope you like these vegan gnocchi as much as we do around here!
Have a great week, everyone!
Sina – xx
More Easy Vegan Weeknight Meals For You:
Broccoli Pesto with Pasta
Vegan Gnocchi with Spinach and Tomatoes
For the gnocchi:
- 1 17.6 OZ (500 g) package store-bought gnocchi make sure to choose a vegan brand
- 4 handful fresh spinach
- 2 tomatoes, diced
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup cashews (unsalted and not roasted)
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- black pepper
- Prepare the gnocchi according to the instructions on the package. Place the spinach in a colander and drain the gnocchi over it (this is an easy trick to wilt fresh spinach).
- Make the sauce: place all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a large pot and heat until it thickens up. Add the gnocchi, the spinach, and the diced tomatoes. Cook for another minute.