Actually I just wanted to make a quick couscous salad, in which I could use all leftover veggies in our fridge so they weren’t going bad. In the end, I was, however, really pleased with this spring couscous salad, so I decided to share the recipe with you guys! :-)
I used two stalks of celery, about ten radishes, half a cucumber, two tomatoes, and a red bell pepper. Besides, I added a whole bunch of fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, and dill. We ate the salad together with some smoked tofu, which I sprinkled with sesame seeds. So it was a really easy and quick dinner.
When Flo and I are busy, I love to prepare a couscous salad the night before. So when we come home after a long day, dinner is already waiting for us in the fridge! The bad part of preparing meals ahead is that it’s usually so hard for me to resist sneaking in the kitchen and have some of the stuff I prepared. Usually we eat couscous salad the “classical” way with lots of parsley, mint, and tomatoes, but I’m pretty sure we will try this easy spring version more often. :-)
Spring Couscous Salad
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- about 10 radishes
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces.
- Add them to the couscous and stir in the oil, vinegar, and fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper.