Spinach artichoke pizza, anyone? I took my spinach artichoke dip to the next level and made this easy and incredibly delicious vegan spinach artichoke pizza. It’s the ultimate vegan comfort food!
There’s just something about the combo of spinach and artichokes that I really love. I mean reeeeally LOVE! I posted a recipe for a vegan spinach artichoke dip a couple of weeks ago. Instead of mayonnaise, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese it’s made of white beans, cashews, and nutritional yeast. So it’s not only vegan but also much healthier than regular spinach artichoke dip made with tons of dairy and fat. We usually eat it with whole wheat crackers or even with potatoes.
But this time, I got a bit more creative and decided to make a spinach artichoke pizza. I mean who could say no to the combination of spinach artichoke dip and pizza?! It’s like the ultimate comfort food combined. Yummy!! I’m totally into vegan pizza right now. I already got a couple of recipes I really want to try soon. One is a vegan Hawaiian BBQ pizza. The other one is a vegan caprese pizza.
I actually used a pre-made pizza dough to make this spinach artichoke pizza to make the recipe even easier. But of course you can also make your own pizza dough from scratch. Check out my hummus pizza, it includes an easy and vegan recipe for pizza dough from scratch. The dough needs about an hour to rise, but it’s really worth the wait. But sometimes we just don’t have enough time, so it’s also nice to have a faster option.
What You Need For The Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- canned white beans
- fresh spinach
- canned artichokes
- fresh lemon juice
- nutritional yeast
- one onion
- salt and pepper
- a store-bought pizza dough (or you can make your own)
- vegan mozzarella cheese to sprinkle
So basically you make a vegan spinach artichoke dip that you then put on a pizza. I added some more spinach and top and then sprinkled the pizza with vegan mozzarella. Soooo good!!
I hope you like this vegan pizza spinach artichoke pizza as much as we do around here! Also check out my flammkuchen.
Spinach Artichoke Pizza (vegan)
- 1 can white beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 2 pre-made pizza dough or:
- pizza dough from scratch
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Rinse an drain the canned white beans and put them in a blender together with the cashews, the lemon juice, the water, and the nutritional yeast. If you want to make it a bit easier for your blender, you can soak them in water for 4-6 hours before using them. Put aside.
- Heat some oil in a large pan and sauté the onion for about 3 minutes until they become translucent. After 2 minutes, add the garlic. Then add 2 cups of the spinach and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in the blended white bean and cashew mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Evenly spread on the pizza dough. Cut the artichoke hearts in quarters and put them on the pizza together with the remaining spinach. Sprinkle with the vegan cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 8 minutes or check out the instructions on the package (each pre-made pizza dough is different). Enjoy!