This quinoa porridge with chocolate is not only super delicious but also incredibly healthy! And the best thing is that it’s ready in only 5 minutes! It’s one of my favorite breakfast dishes in the winter!
How to Make Quinoa Porridge
How can quinoa porridge be ready in only 5 minutes?! The secret is grinding the quinoa in your blender of food processor before cooking. For an extra boost of nutrients, I also added millet together with the quinoa. If you, however, have a hard time finding millet in your grocery store or don’t like it, you can just leave out the millet and use more quinoa instead. We usually enjoy this warm quinoa porridge with dark chocolate and almond butter. Soooo yummy! It’s also good with fresh berries, other kinds of nut butters, and cinnamon. Or add pineapple, mango, and oranges on top. You can get really creative here!
Quinoa Porridge with Chocolate – What You’ll Need
The ingredient list is pretty short and you probably have most of the ingredients at home.
- millet (if you don’t like millet, you can also use more quinoa instead)
- almond or soy milk
- agave or maple syrup
- cocoa powder
- 1 mashed banana
- your favorite toppings: dark chocolate, almond butter, berries, bananas etc. – get creative!
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions at the end of this post.
I hope you like this chocolate quinoa porridge as much as we do around here. I really can’t get enough of warm breakfast dishes at this time of the year. If you’re looking for more vegan oatmeal, you might wanna check out the vegan slow cooker roundup I posted last weekend. You can find some easy vegan breakfast recipes that are perfect for cold days in this post.
I hope you guys all have a great week!
Sina – xx
Quinoa Porridge with Chocolate (Ready in Only 5 Minutes!)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup uncooked millet
- 2 1/2 cups almond or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 mashed banana
- Put the uncooked quinoa and millet in a high speed blender or food processor and pulse 3-4 times.
- In a pot, combine the ground quinoa and millet with the plantbased milk, the cocoa powder, the mashed banana and the sweetener of your choice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with dark chocolate, almond butter, and fresh berries.