These eggless waffles with cherry sauce are perfect for the weekend! They’re super easy to make, so delicious, and 100 % vegan. And you don’t need any fancy ingredients to make them. Just very basic ingredients you can find in any regular grocery store. And they’re SO good with the cherry sauce. Big YUM!
I’ve always been more of a waffle girl than a pancake girl. I mean I love pancakes, but I’d probably always take waffles over pancakes. These eggless waffles with cherry sauce are one of my all-time favorites. But I also love vegan chocolate waffles. Yummy! But don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t say no to some delicious pancakes as well. They had to be vegan of course. But nothing easier than that, right?! Or what about vegan French toast?
Eggless Waffles with Cherry Sauce – What You’ll Need:
As I already said, you only need very basic ingredients to make these vegan waffles.
- all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- almond milk or other plant-based milk
- baking powder
- canola oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- natural vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- and unsweetened apple sauce
That’s it! For the cherry sauce, I used morello cherries, some of the syrup the cherries are in, and a little bit of cornstarch to thicken up the sauce. You can for example find morello cherries at Trader Joe’s. I didn’t add any kind of sweeteners to the cherry sauce, but if you want you could add some agave or maple syrup. As always, you can find the full ingredient list for these vegan waffles as well as the instructions in a separate recipe box at the end of this post.
I usually serve them with some powdered sugar on top or maybe a little bit of maple syrup. And of of course with the cherry sauce. They’re also great with some fresh berries like raspberries or blueberries.
I hope you like these eggless waffles as much as we do around here. Let me know if you give them a try.
Have a great week!
Sina – xx
Eggless Waffles with Cherry Sauce (Vegan)
For the eggless waffles (vegan):
- 2 cups all-purpose flour You could also use whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cold almond milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
For the cherry sauce:
- 1 glas morello cherries
- 4 tablespoons of the syrup the cherries are in
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- For the waffles, combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon. Lightly grease a waffle iron and make six waffles.
- In the meantime, make the cherry sauce. Drain the cherries. Keep some of the syrup the cherries are in as you'll need it later on. Transfer the cherries to a small pot and heat them up. Combine the corn starch with two tablespoons of water and add them to the cherries together with the syrup. Cook for about 3 minutes or until it thickens up.
- Serve the waffles with the cherry sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar. If you want you can also add some maple syrup.