What’s the best way to spend a cold and rainy weekend at home? Well for me it’s definitely a good book, a cup of tea or chocolate milk, and some delicious vegan cookies. These chocolate chip pretzel cookies are my new favorite! They’re a fun twist on the classic chocolate chip cookies. And they’re sooo incredibly delicious and easy to make! They’re just a bit more addictive than normal cookies. Haha! I mean that’s a good thing, right?! I guess it’s the combo of salty and sweet that always gets me…
So you basically just make normal chocolate chip cookies (of course vegan) and then add some crunchy pretzels to the dough. Oh, and don’t forget to top them off with some sea salt. Wait, I think I gotta stop writing! Seems like the cookie monster in me is coming back!! Just kidding, but there really is something about the contrast of saltiness and sweetness that is just irresistible.
I heard that some people even add potato chips to their chocolate cookies. This sounds a bit crazy to me. Or maybe even more than a bit crazy. But you know what? I think I’ll actually gonna try it next time. I also thought that baking with beans was like the craziest thing on the world, but now I absolute LOVE it. So if you wanna try for yourself, check out my Oreo brownies that were made with black beans or my chocolate hazelnut donuts. Yes, there really is kidney beans in them…
But back to the chocolate chip pretzel cookies. I always love the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. The only smell that is even better is cinnamon smell. And when they’re ready, just grab a plate, snuggle up on the couch, and enjoy these little bites of deliciousness.
I hope you like these chocolate chip pretzel cookies as much as we do around here! Have a great week, everyone.
Sina – xx
Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup choped pretzels
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- more pretzels to put on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the chocolate chips and the pretzels. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and the chopped pretzels.
- Using a tablespoon, either place 9 jumbo cookies or about 15 normal ones on the baking sheet. Gently press one pretzel on top of each cookie and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes.