I love healthy and delicious vegan treats. The easier the better! Ever since I had my first energy ball in a small vegan café in Montreal, I can’t get enough of them! The other day, I made these carrot no bake energy bites that turned out so delicious! Unfortunately, I wasn’t the only one who really loved them and they were gone super fast. But well, I guess this is a good sign and I should stop complaining and just make another batch, right?
To make these little carrot energy balls, you only need 5 main ingredients: Carrots (I used both orange and purple ones, but of course one color is good enough), almonds, dates, coconut flakes, and rolled oats. I also added one teaspoon of cinnamon and half a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
They’re vegan, super healthy, sweet, cinnamony, and packed with nutrients. And most of all they’re free of sugar and artificial sweeteners. I just love using dates as a natural sweeteners for vegan desserts and smoothies. They’re like nature’s version of caramel. Just so much healthier than the real thing!
First grate the carrots and set them aside. Then put the almonds together with the dates into a food processor or blender and process until a sticky mixture forms. Add this to the grated carrots, stir in the rolled oats, the coconut flakes, the cinnamon, and the vanilla extract and knead it with your fingers, so it all sticks together. Form about 12-15 energy balls depending on the size you want.
After you’ve formed the balls, roll them in coconut flakes. This doesn’t only taste really good, but it also makes them look prettier. ;-)
I’ve already posted a couple of different variations on this site, such as apple cinnamon and popped amaranth energy balls, but these carrot cake balls are by far my favorite! In the summer, you can also put them in the freezer for a couple of minutes before you serve them. The preparation doesn’t take much longer than 10 minutes and they require no baking at all! So literally the perfect treat for busy days.
Hope you all have a great week! I’m actually leaving for a two week trip to Florida and New Orleans on Friday. I’m so excited!!
As always, I love hearing from you. If you give these carrot cake energy balls a try let me know how you liked them. :-)
Talk to you soon! xx
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup grated orange carrots
- 1/2 cup grated purple carrots
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First grate the carrots and set them aside.
- Then put the almonds together with the dates into a food processor or blender and process until a sticky mixture forms. Add this to the grated carrots, stir in the rolled oats, the coconut flakes, the cinnamon, and the vanilla extract and knead it with your fingers, so it all sticks together. Form about 12-15 energy balls depending on the size you want.
- After you've formed the balls, roll them in some more coconut flakes.