If you’re going bananas for vegan banana bread recipes, this is the perfect post for you! It includes 15 amazing vegan banana bread recipes as well as some helpful baking tips. I can never get enough of banana bread!! It makes such an awesome snack or even breakfast!
I’ve got a couple vegan banana bread recipes on the blog. But to provide you with even more recipes, I teamed up with some fellow food bloggers and compiled a list of 15 delicious banana bread recipes. I’m sure we’ve got something for every taste!
I just wanna eat all of them at once. Haha!
I included a great variety of banana bread recipes in this roundup. We’ve got:
- vegan chocolate banana bread
- vegan banana bread with nuts (walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts)
- healthy banana bread, for example with quinoa, superfoods, or naturally sweetened with dates
- banana bread with oats (some of them are gluten-free)
- coffee-shop like banana bread with simple ingredients and all-purpose flour
As always, just click on the heading above each picture to see the actual recipe.
How to Make Vegan Banana Bread
Making vegan banana bread couldn’t be easier! You only need to follow 5 easy steps:
- Mash a few ripe bananas with a fork.
- Combine the mashed bananas with the other ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder, plant-based milk etc.). Most recipes only call for one bowl and a spoon. You don’t need a mixer or a food processor.
- Transfer the banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan for about 40 minutes. Alternatively you could also line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool down before you slice it. If you want you could also add a glaze on top.
Easy peasy, right?
Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Making gluten-free banana bread is absolutely no problem! I like to use oat flour as an alternative to wheat flour. It’s super cheap when you make it with rolled oats in your food processor or high speed blender.
You could also use a gluten-free flour blend instead. There are tons of vegan gluten-free banana bread recipes out there. And I also included some in this roundup.
Vegan Banana Bread Toppings
There are so many different toppings for banana bread. My favorites are:
- dark chocolate
- nuts (almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts)
- dried bananas
- cinnamon streusel
- rolled oats
- chocolate chips
Can You Freeze Vegan Banana Bread?
Yes, freezing banana bread is a great idea, so you can just take individual slices out of the freezer when you feel like a little treat. I do this all the time!
Just store the banana bread in plastic freezer bags. They keep up to 2-3 months in the freezer.
15 Amazing Vegan Banana Bread Recipes You Will Love!
Sophie from Backed – The Blog made this easy vegan banana bread as a copy-cat version of her favorite banana bread at a coffee shop in her town. She used ingredients that are very easy to find to make the recipe accessible for everyone.
Making banana bread without butter and eggs is super easy! This vegan banana bread with chocolate and chopped hazelnuts is one of my all-time favorites! It’s like a Nutella version! And it’s super easy to make. Chocolate heaven, here I come!!
This bananas foster breakfast bread by Alisa from Go Dairy Free has less sugar than your usual banana bread. Alisa paired it with vanilla caramel spread for an extra boost of flavor. And the slices hold up well in the toaster, which make them perfect for breakfast.
If you’re going bananas for banana recipes, this vegan chocolate chip banana bread by Lauren Melissa is perfect for you! Lauren Melissa used coconut yogurt to create a denser loaf that doesn’t dry out.
6. Vegan Banana Quinoa Bread with Berry Chia Jam (Super Healthy!)
9. Superfood Chunky Monkey Banana Bread
This vegan banana bread with Walnuts by Marlena from Where You Get Your Protein is extremely popular on Pinterest. And with good reason – it’s made with only a few ingredients and is super easy to make. Besides, it’s delicious and perfect for leftover bananas!
If you’re a fan of chocolate and fruit, this vegan chocolate chip banana bread by Hannah from Domestic Gothess is perfect for you. Hannah topped her vegan banana bread off with a blueberry glaze and dried bananas. Maybe not your typical banana bread, but it looks soooo delicious!
I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS!
I hope you like these vegan banana bread recipes as much as I do. There are so many different ways to make banana bread! What do you think is the best vegan banana bread?
If you give any of these recipes a try, I’d love to know what you think about it. Just leave me a comment below. Your comments really make my day!
Sina – xx