Making banana bread without butter and eggs is super easy! This vegan banana bread with chocolate and chopped hazelnuts is one of my all-time favorites! Chocolate heaven, here I come!!
I just realized that I really needed a sweet vegan recipe on the blog. I haven’t posted any kind of dessert or vegan baking recipe for like eeeever! Over the last few months, this blog kinda turned into a savory blog, so it’s about time to change that. So say hello to this easy banana bread without butter and eggs! You could also call it a vegan Nutella banana bread as it’s made with lots of chocolate and hazelnuts. Yummy!!
I’ve made this vegan banana bread so many times! My hubby even asked me to make it for his last birthday. It was gone within minutes, so I think it’s safe to say that it’s a real crowd-pleaser.
And the best thing is that this vegan banana bread is super easy to make. You only need very basic ingredients you most likely already got in your pantry. However, you should make sure that the bananas you use are really ripe. This way you will need less sugar and the banana bread will come out super sweet and moist. So it’s best to plan your baking ahead and put some bananas aside so they have enough time to ripen. The bananas are ripe when they are soft and got brown spots on them.
What You Will Need For This Easy Banana Bread Without Butter And Eggs
The ingredient list for this banana bread is pretty short!
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- three very ripe bananas
- vegetable oil
- almond milk
- dark chocolate (make sure it’s vegan)
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
You don’t need any eggs in this recipe as the bananas do an awesome job on their own! As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box at the end of this post.
I hope you like this vegan banana bread without eggs as much as we do around here!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Sina – xx
Are you looking for more vegan baking recipes?
Banana Bread without Butter and Eggs
For the banana bread:
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Grease a loaf pan with vegan margarine or coconut oil. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let the banana bread cool off. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Pour it on top of the banana bread and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.