Making banana bread without butter and eggs is super easy! This vegan banana bread with chocolate and chopped hazelnuts is one of my all-time favorites! Chocolate heaven, here I come!!
I just realized that I really needed a sweet vegan recipe on the blog. I haven’t posted any kind of dessert or vegan baking recipe for like eeeever! Over the last few months, this blog kinda turned into a savory blog, so it’s about time to change that. So say hello to this easy banana bread without butter and eggs! You could also call it a vegan Nutella banana bread as it’s made with lots of chocolate and hazelnuts. Yummy!!
I’ve made this vegan banana bread so many times! My hubby even asked me to make it for his last birthday. It was gone within minutes, so I think it’s safe to say that it’s a real crowd-pleaser.
And the best thing is that this vegan banana bread is super easy to make. You only need very basic ingredients you most likely already got in your pantry. However, you should make sure that the bananas you use are really ripe. This way you will need less sugar and the banana bread will come out super sweet and moist. So it’s best to plan your baking ahead and put some bananas aside so they have enough time to ripen. The bananas are ripe when they are soft and got brown spots on them.
What You Will Need For This Easy Banana Bread Without Butter And Eggs
The ingredient list for this banana bread is pretty short!
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- three very ripe bananas
- vegetable oil
- almond milk
- dark chocolate (make sure it’s vegan)
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
You don’t need any eggs in this recipe as the bananas do an awesome job on their own! As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box at the end of this post.
I hope you like this vegan banana bread without eggs as much as we do around here!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Sina – xx
Are you looking for more vegan baking recipes?
Vegan Banana Bread
For the banana bread:
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil vegetable oil, canola oil, or coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- Peel the bananas and place them on a plate or cutting board. Mash them with a fork. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Combine the flour, the baking powder, the brown sugar, and the ground hazelnuts ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the almond milk.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the mashed bananas, the maple syrup, the oil, and the chocolate chips.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Grease a loaf pan with vegan margarine or coconut oil or line it with parchment paper. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 40 minutes. Let it cool off. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Pour it on top of the banana bread and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
- If you're short on time, the banana bread is also great without the melted dark chocolate and the hazelnuts on top.
- For a healthier version, use spelt flour or whole wheat flour instead of the all-purpose flour. You could also cut down the amount of brown sugar and maple syrup as the bananas are pretty sweet on their own.
- The loaf pan I used for this recipe measures 9 x 5 inches.
- You can store the banana bread up to 4 days on the counter (covered) or up to 7 days in the fridge.
- The recipe freezes really well. Let it cool down completey before freezing it in a freezer safe container or in a freezer bag. Simply let it that on the counter before eating.