Spring = strawberries = super yummy!! It’s as easy as that, right? To celebrate spring, we made this easy vegan tiramisu with strawberries, which I just had to share with you guys!
You won’t believe this tiramisu is totally sugar-free, made with healthy ingredients, and packed with nutrients. Plus it’s completely raw, gluten-free, and insanely delicious and creamy.
The best thing is you only need four main ingredients to make this vegan tiramisu: Cashews, almonds, dates, and of course strawberries. I also added some coconut milk, and topped it off with cocoa powder and some dark chocolate. I didn’t add any kind of sweetener because the dates and the strawberries already make it pretty sweet by themselves. But if you want it to be even sweeter, you could of course also add some agave or maple syrup.
For the base, I used almonds and dates, which is actually pretty similar to the crust of my vegan mini strawberry cheesecakes I made last spring.
This was actually one of the very first recipes I posted on Vegan Heaven. Can’t believe it’s almost a year!! Time seriously flies by. I’ve had so much fun writing this blog, cooking all these recipes, and taking pictures of them over the last year. And the best thing is that I got to know so many awesome people!! I just love reading your comments and seeing all your Vegan Heaven creations on Instagram!
But well, back to the vegan tiramisu. All you have to do is blend the almonds and the dates together in a food processor until they form a sticky mass. Don’t blend them for too long. You want it to be sticky, but still a bit crunchy, so you get some nice texture.
Next is the “mascarpone” layer, for which I used soaked cashews and some coconut milk. The first layer is just cashews and coconut and then for the second layer I added some strawberries. The red layer in between is strawberry sauce. It’s just blended strawberries, no sugar or anything needed! It’s so delicious and sweet just by itself.
You actually don’t need a Vitamix for this vegan tiramisu. We have an OmniBlend V and it worked just great. It actually didn’t take much longer than a minute to blend the nuts into a creamy mixture. When I first had vegan cheesecake with cashews, I seriously couldn’t believe that nuts could make such a creamy texture. Cashews have become a staple in our kitchen and I use them a lot for vegan desserts and creamy “cheese” sauces (for example for these vegan mac and cheese with peas and mushrooms).
If you give this vegan tiramisu with strawberries a try, let me know how you liked it! :-)
As always, I love hearing from you guys! Have a great and sunny week! xx
Vegan Tiramisu with Strawberries
For the base:
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup almonds
For the "mascarpone" layer:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for about 2 hours
- 1/4 cup very thick coconut milk (full fat)
- 6 strawberries
For the strawberry sauce:
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- First make the strawberry sauce. Blend 1/2 cup of strawberries until they form a creamy sauce and set aside.
- Then make the "cookie" base. Blend the almonds and the dates together in a food processor until they form a sticky mass. Don't blend them for too long. You want it to be sticky, but still a bit crunchy, so you get some nice texture. Divide the mixture evenly into two dessert glasses, pressing it into the bottom of the glas using your fingers.
- Next is the "mascarpone" layer. Put the cashews and the coconut milk in a blender and process until smooth. Then put about half of it on the "cookie" base (this will be the white layer). Freeze the glasses for about 15 minutes (maybe a bit longer if you want the layers to be more accurate).
- Then add the strawberries and blend again for a minute until the mixture becomes lightly pink. First put a thin layer of strawberry sauce on the first "mascarpone"/ cashew layer and freeze again for another 15 minutes. Then add the second, pink layer.
- Top it off with some cacao, some dark chocolate, strawberries, and blueberries. Enjoy!