I’m so excited to share this stovetop pizza with avocado and cherry tomatoes with you. It’s incredibly easy to make, ready in only 25 minutes, and soooo delicious!
It’s a recipe from the brandnew book ” The Veginner’s Cookbook“ by my talented friend Bianca. * Some of you might know her blog Elephantastic Vegan. I got a copy of her cookbook last week and it’s full of amazing recipes!! You can also win your own copy by leaving me a comment under this blog post (more details later).
Bianca and I have known each other for almost three years. We got to know each other in a Facebook group for vegan bloggers and soon started to talk about more than just blogging. Over the years, she became my closest “blogging friend”, so I’m so happy to share her first cookbook with you guys!
Making friends all over the world is one of my favorite parts of blogging! I mean food blogging can sometimes be a bit lonely. Most of the time it’s just you, your kitchen, your camera, and your computer. Haha! Having fellow blogging friends that are in the same situation helps a lot. And of course also connecting with readers!
I was so excited when Bianca told me she got a cookbook deal together with her boyfriend Sascha. And after many months of hard work and fun, their first cookbook is finally on the market! And they did an AMAZING job!!
Choosing a recipe from the cookbook for my blog wasn’t that easy, but the stovetop pizza with avocado just called my name! It’s ready in no time and as the name suggests you don’t make it in your oven but on the stovetop. This was my first time making a stovetop pizza and I was so excited about the outcome. This pizza will definitely satisfy your pizza cravings without missing cheese!
And the best part of the recipe is that it’s so incredibly easy! Can you really cook a pizza on the stovetop? Yes, you can! All you have to do is putting the pizza dough on a really hot flat pan for one or two minutes. Then just spread the mashed avocado on top and top it with the roasted cherry tomatoes. Yummy! I also added some red pepper flakes and chopped fresh parsley.
Stovetop Pizza with Avocado – What You Need:
This stovetop pizza is perfect when you feel like having pizza but don’t have much time. You don’t need any fancy ingredients. Probably you got most of the ingredients already at home.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- olive oil
- two avocados
- lemon juice
- cherry tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar
Pretty easy, right? As always, you can find the full ingredient list and detailed recipe instructions in a separate, printable recipe box at the end of this post.
The Veginner’s Cookbook – The Ultimate Starter Guide for New Vegans and the Veg-Curious
I also wanted to tell you a bit more about Bianca’s and Sascha’s cookbook. As the name suggests, “The Veginner’s Cookbook” is perfect for new vegans or everyone who is curious about veganism. It’s the ultimate starter guide!
The book is divided into two parts. The first part contains lots of useful information on basic equipment and ingredients. Bianca and Sascha also talk about how to avoid arguing with skeptics and how to answer to skeptics, which can often be pretty annoying when you first transition to veganism. Besides, you learn how to make vegan swapping alternatives, order at restaurants, and what to tell family and friends.
In the second part of the cookbook, you can find tons of delicious recipes. The book includes:
- main meals
- snacks & party food
- sauces & dressings
So they basically cover everything and even add a lot of tips and kitchen hacks. My favorite part is the section on party food! Bianca and Sascha love hosting people and you can really see that in this sections. So much yumminess going on here! I mean who can say no to garlic herb breadsticks, pizza pinwheels, and cheesy party potatoes?! Definitely not me!
I can really recommend “The Veginner’s Cookbook” to anyone who is just starting on the vegan journey. How I wish I had this book when I became vegan six years ago!
I also hope you like the stovetop pizza, or pan pizza, as much as we do! It’s sooo easy and delicious!
Have a great week, everyone!
Sina – xx
*Copyright 2018 by Bianca Haun and Sascha Naderer
GIVEAWAY – WIN YOUR OWN COPY OF “The Veginner’s Cookbook”
You can win a copy of “The Veginner’s Cookbook”. All you have to do is leave me a comment under this blog post and tell me why you would like to win a copy of this book.
Rules: The giveaway ends on February 20, 2018 at midnight. Participants have to be older than 18 years and have to live in the United States to enter this giveaway. You can only enter once.
The winner will be randomly selected by lot. If the winner doesn’t respond within 10 days, a new winner will be chosen. I will announce the winner on February 21 in the comment section of this post. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
Stovetop Pizza with Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes
For the yeast-free pizza dough:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
For the toppings:
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 splash of balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- For a quick yeast-free pizza dough, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and water (little by little) and knead until a smooth dough forms. Note that you may not need all the water, or you may have to add a bit more to get a smooth, non-sticky dough. If the dough becomes too sticky, add a bit more flour. You can either knead it by hand or in a stand mixer.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and roll them out on a floured surface. Put one pizza dough in a really hot flat pan for 1 to 2 minutes until golden on the bottom. Then, flip and let the other side get golden as well. Repeat for the other pizza.
- Mash the avocados and mix them will lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
- Roast the cherry tomato halves in a pan with olive oil on medium to high heat for a couple of minutes until warm, soft, and with a few brown spots. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Spread the avocado mash on the pizza and top with the roasted cherry tomatoes. Add freshly ground pepper on top and enjoy!
- *Copyright 2018 by Bianca Haun and Sascha Naderer** I also added red pepper flakes and fresh chopped parsley on top.