Usually I’d always take salty over sweet popcorn, but I absolutely LOVE this apple strudel popcorn. It’s my new favorite treat or snack! It’s crispy, sweet, and packed with cinnamon flavor. How much better could a snack actually get? Make a big bowl of this vegan apple popcorn, snuggle up on the couch, and watch one of your favorite movies or TV series. Or you could actually make this apple strudel popcorn for your New Year’s Eve party!
I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and you had some great time with your family and friends!
Unfortunately, we didn’t have any snow this year, but that’s nothing unusual. We just talked about it over Christmas and I think I can actually remember only two times when we had snow on Christmas.
One was when I was really little and I got a huge doll’s house. My uncle made it for me out of wood and it even got electricity. I was one happy girl when I first saw it and it was my favorite toy for years!! My aunt and uncle live really close to my parents and I can still vividly remember that we picked up my doll’s house with a sled. The other time was like five or six years ago. I hope we’ll still get some snow in the next couple of weeks. My parents got a new puppy in April and I’m sure it’s gonna be so much fun when she sees snow for the first time. I’m sure she’ll get so excited about it…
Let me know if you give this apple strudel popcorn a try. I guess you could also call it apple pie popcorn. Either way, it’s so yummy! As always, I love reading your comments and seeing your Vegan Heaven creations on Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me with @_veganheaven_ so I can see your pictures.
I hope you all have a great start into the New Year!
Sina – xx
Apple Strudel Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup apple chips, chopped
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Put enough oil in a medium saucepan so that the bottom is completely covered. Turn the heat on high. Add the sugar and allow to caramelize. Then add the kernels and the cinnamon.
- Place the lid on top and wait for the kernels to begin to pop. Give the pot a little swirl, so all the kernels are coated by the hot oil.
- When the popping slows, turn off the heat. Immediately transfer the popcorn to a large bowl. Stir in the agave and add the apple chips, the raisins, and sprinkle the popcorn with some more cinnamon. Enjoy!