This vegan roasted red pepper pasta is super easy to make and it’s SO comforting! The sauce is packed with flavor and it’s incredibly creamy. I love serving it with fettuccine and sprinkle it with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes. BIG yum!!
I can’t believe that I used to hate bell pepper! When I was a kid, I even told people I’d be allergic to them, just so I didn’t have to eat them. Haha! Crazy me, I know! It’s so weird how your taste buds can change over time. Today, I absolutely LOVE red bell pepper and we eat them all the time. Either raw with hummus, grilled with zucchini and potatoes, or in a salad. And I also love stuffed bell peppers. Bell peppers are super healthy and very good for you. They’re packed with vitamin c and folate. Besides, they also contain a good amount of vitamins A and E. So they’re perfect for a healthy diet.
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta – What You’ll Need
You don’t need many ingredients for this vegan roasted red pepper pasta. It’s all pretty easy.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- red bell peppers
- red onion
- unsweetened almond or soy milk (it’s very important to use unsweetened milk for this recipe!)
- nutritional yeast
- and of course salt and pepper
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and recipe instructions in a separate, printable recipe box underneath the text section. The recipe is basically divided into two parts. First cut the red bell pepper and the onion into stripes. Together with the garlic, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. Then place them in a high speed blender together with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Pretty easy, right? Pour the red bell pepper sauce into a saucepan and heat it up for a couple of minutes. The nutritional yeast make the sauce suuuuper creamy!
Serve the roasted red pepper sauce with fettuccine or pasta of your choice and you got a healthy and comforting meal. I love making this vegan roasted red pepper pasta on busy weeknight days. It’s just SO easy!
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do around here! You might also wanna check out my vegan Alfredo with fettuccine.
Have a great week, everyone!
Sina – xx
Vegan Red Bell Pepper Pasta
For the creamy red bell pepper sauce:
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk (make sure the milk you use is unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 9 oz fettuccine
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Cut the red bell peppers and the onion into stripes. Together with the garlic, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the fettuccine according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- Get the bell pepper, the onion, and the garlic out of the oven and place them in a high speed blender together with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour the red bell pepper sauce into a saucepan and heat it up for a couple of minutes. Stir in the cooked fettuccine and serve immediately. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and more red pepper flakes if you like. Enjoy!