This vegan apple cake with almonds is the perfect treat for those sunny and nice early fall days. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious vegan apple cake with lots of cinnamon! BIG yum!
Apple season has arrived and is there any better way than celebrating it than by making apple cake? I don’t think so! Except maybe making apple pie. But this time, I decided to go for a delicious vegan apple cake with grated apples in the batter and extra apples on top. Pure apple heaven so to say!
Flo and I went apple picking last weekend and we got soooo many apples. So of course I just had to make a vegan apple cake. I’ve also made apple pancakes for breakfast on Sunday and we had a delicious apple pear smoothie the other day. I also thought about making apple juice, but I don’t have a juicer, so I don’t know if that will work out. I’ll try making it with my vitamix, but it will probably not be the same. We also bought some super fresh apple juice at the apple farm where we went apple picking and it was so good! It was only apples, nothing else. No sugar, no concentrate, nothing. Just 100 % apples. Too bad it was gone way too fast!
But back to the vegan apple cake. You won’t need many ingredients for it and the recipe couldn’t be easier! I’ve made it so many times and it’s always a winner. It’s so moist and fluffy at the same time!
Vegan Apple Cake with Almonds – The Perfect Fall Treat
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- two flax eggs
- almond milk
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- grated apples
- ground almonds
- two to three small apples for the top
As always, you find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box underneath the text section. I used a 11 inch round springform pan for this vegan apple cake.
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do around here. Have a nice fall weekend!
Sina – xx
You might also like these vegan cinnamon rolls with apples!
Vegan Apple Cake with Almonds
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 flax eggs 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds soaked in 6 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups grated apples
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 small apples, sliced
- more cinnamon, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for the sliced apples) and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Grease a 11 inch round springform pan with vegan butter or margarine.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Arrange the sliced apples in circles on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down before you cut it. Enjoy!