Take your snacking game to the next level with this tropical and refreshing pineapple salsa. It’s the perfect balance of sweet, tangy, and savory flavors and it makes an amazing snack or appetizer!
Why This Recipe Works
This pineapple salsa with lime and cilantro is the perfect addition to your next BBQ! Or serve it with tortilla chips for a delicious snack or appetizer at your next gathering.
It’s a refreshing twist on the classic tomato-based salsa and it’s bursting with vibrant color and flavor. Packed with juicy pineapple, tangy lime, zesty cilantro, crunchy bell pepper, and vibrant tomatoes, this salsa will make your taste buds dance in delight!
The natural sweetness of the pineapple pairs perfectly with the tangy lime, while the fragrant cilantro adds a burst of freshness. The bell pepper and tomatoes provide the salsa with a nice crunch.
What I love most about this recipe (besides its incredible taste!) is that it’s super versatile. You can serve it as an appetizer with tortilla chips or with grilled tofu, tempeh, or roasted vegetables. Or add it to tacos or other Mexican dishes for extra flavor.
You could even add it to salads for an extra pop of flavor or tropical twist. It’s also a great addition to wraps or even lettuce wraps!
And it’s a breeze to make. With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a bowl of salsa ready in just 10-15 minutes! It’s perfect when you want a fresh and flavorful dish but you don’t have much time. And it’s also great to impress friends and family with a flavorful snack!
I love to serve it in a pineapple bowl, which makes this dish look super fancy and special. Plus, it’s pretty healthy and packed with vitamin C and other essential nutrients. The ingredient list for the salsa is very short and you can find all of the ingredients in every grocery store.
So, whether you’re looking for a flavorful snack or appetizer, hosting a summer barbecue, or you simply want to add a touch of tropical flavors to your meals, this pineapple salsa with lime and cilantro, is a must-try. Trust me, it’s a game changer!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Tomatoes – make sure they are ripe. I used larger tomatoes, but you could also use cherry tomatoes.
- Onion – use a red onion. It’s mild taste is perfect for salads, dips, and salsa.
- Bell Pepper – I usually use an orange or yellow bell pepper.
- Pineapple – fresh not canned.
- Lime – fresh lime juice.
- Cilantro – fresh cilantro.
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes – optional to add a bit of heat to the salsa.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Step: Using a sharp knife, cut off about 1/3 of a fresh pineapple.
2. Step: Make a cut around the edge of the pineapple to make the pineapple bowl. Be careful not to cut through the bottom of the pineapple.
3. Step: Cut the pineapple into six pieces. Carefully use a spoon to remove the pineapple pieces. Congrats, you’ve got a pineapple bowl!
4. Step: Cut the removed pineapple pieces without the core, the tomatoes, and the bell pepper into small pieces. Finely chop the red onion and the cilantro.
5. Step: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the pineapple salsa and stir in the lime juice. Season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Serve the pineapple salsa in the pineapple bowl.
Tips & Tricks
- If you’re making the recipe for a larger crowd, double the recipe and refill the pineapple bowl.
- I definitely wouldn’t recommend using canned pineapple for this salsa because it’s just sooo much better with fresh pineapple!
Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, the pineapple salsa will last up to 5 days.
If you want to make a spicier version, you can also add diced jalapeños. But better go easy on them!
Even More Colorful
For an even more colorful version, use a mixture of red, yellow, orange, and green bell peppers.
I Love To Hear From You!
I hope you like this pineapple salsa as much as we do around here.
If you give it a try, I’d love to know what you think about it. Just leave me a comment and a star rating below. Your comments really make my day!
- 1 chopping board
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 bowl
- 1 spoon
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper (orange or yellow)
- 1 fresh pineapple
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Start by making the pineapple bowl. Cut about 1/3 of a fresh pineapple off using a sharp knife.
- With a sharp knife, make a cut around the edge of the pineapple to make the pineapple bowl. Be careful not to cut through the bottom of the pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple into six pieces. Carefully use a spoon to remove the pineapple pieces. Congrats, you’ve got a pineapple bowl!
- Cut the removed pineapple pieces, the tomatoes, and the bell pepper into small pieces. Finely chop the red onions and the cilantro.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for the pineapple salsa and stir in the lime juice. Season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Serve the pineapple salsa in the pineapple bowl.