This vegan pumpkin bread with cranberries and pumpkin seeds is the perfect fall treat! Fragrant with pumpkin spice and chopped walnuts, this vegan pumpkin bread is a must when summer comes to an end!
It’s this time of year again! I’m getting all crazy about pumpkin recipes! Pumpkin latte, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin curry – yes, I made it all over the last two weeks. What about you? Are you ready for pumpkin season yet? Or do you still want to hold on to summer a little longer? The weather has been fantastic here in Montreal in the last weeks. We’re actually experiencing some kind of heat wave. It has never been this warm in late September! Tomorrow it’s supposed to be 87 degrees and we’ll get lots of sun! I absolutely love these warm late September days on the balcony with some delicious pumpkin cookies or in this case vegan pumpkin bread. Soooo good!
Oh and then there’s this amazing smell every time you make pumpkin bread. Your whole apartment smells like pumpkin spice for hours. No scented candles needed! Haha! Flo came home the other day, opened the door, and the first thing he said was “oh yes, you made pumpkin bread”!
What you’ll need for this vegan pumpkin bread
You can find all of the ingredients for this vegan pumpkin bread in any regular grocery store. The only exception might be the coconut flour. If you can’t find it, you can, however, also just sub the amount of coconut flour with regular all-purpose flour. It will change the texture of the pumpkin bread a little bit, but it will still be awesome!
- all-purpose flour
- coconut flour
- dried cranberries
- pumpkin spice
- baking powder and baking soda
- chopped walnuts
- coconut flakes
- pumpkin seeds
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin puree
- one flax egg
- almond milk
- coconut oil
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instruction beneath the text section. The recipe is super easy. Just combine all ingredients in a bowl, transfer the batter to a loaf pan, and bake it for 40 to 45 minutes. Just enjoy a pumpkin latte while you wait for the pumpkin bread to be done. You can never get enough of pumpkin, can you?
I hope you like this vegan pumpkin bread as much as we do around here! Check out my roundup of 35 stunning vegan pumpkin recipes, if you’re looking for more delicious fall recipes.
Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Sina – xx
Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons of water, soaked for 5 minutes)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a medium bowl, first combine the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients (vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, flax egg, almond milk, and melted coconut oil) and whisk with a wooden spoon.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour into the pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, depending on your oven. Or check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the pumpkin bread, it should come out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!