Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries and Pumpkin Seeds
This vegan pumpkin bread with cranberries and pumpkin seeds is the perfect fall treat! Fragrant with pumpkin spice and chopped walnuts, this vegan pumpkin bread is a must on fall days!
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 48 minutes
Servings 10 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons of water, soaked for 5 minutes)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
In a medium bowl, first combine the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients (vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, flax egg, almond milk, and melted coconut oil) and whisk with a wooden spoon.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, depending on your oven. Or check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the pumpkin bread, it should come out clean.
Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
- This vegan pumpkin bread recipe calls for brown sugar. But you can also use maple syrup or coconut sugar. I've tried it with both and it turned out just as delicious!
- To make a gluten-free version of this pumpkin bread, you can substitute oat flour for the all-purpose flour. You will have a flatter pumpkin bread this way but it will still be super yummy. I haven't tried using any other gluten-free flour such as buckwheat yet.
- For a healthier version, you can of course also use whole wheat flour.
- You can either use store-bought pumpkin puree for this vegan pumpkin bread or make your own. I usually make my own and freeze it for later.
- I used 1/2 cup of coconut flour for my vegan pumpkin bread and I highly recommend following the recipe and using it. It gives the pumpkin bread such a great texture and taste. I've also made it without the coconut flour once, but I liked it much better with the coconut flour.
- After baking, let the pumpkin loaf cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 76.3% | Vitamin C: 1.4% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 9.1%