These peanut butter Oreo muffins are seriously amazing! Incredibly easy to make, heavenly chocolatey, and so decadent! A real eye-catcher for your next birthday party! And of course vegan.
Okay, I gotta admit that I got an obsession for Oreo cookies! I usually try to avoid store-bought sweets as much as possible, but once in a while I commit a little sin and make some delicious Oreo recipes. Like last year I made vegan Oreo peanut butter ice cream, which was insanely delicious! And you don’t have to add any additional sugar except for the Oreos as it’s entirely made of frozen bananas.
A couple of months later, I took my Oreo obsession to the next level and made vegan Oreo brownies. Big YUM! And now I thought I was missing some muffins in my little Oreo recipes collection, so I ended up making these peanut butter Oreo muffins. And they’re THE BOMB!!
Peanut Butter Oreo Muffins – What You’ll Need to Make Them
The recipe for these peanut butter Oreo muffins is insanely easy and the ingredient list is pretty simple.
You probably got most of the ingredients in your pantry. You’ll need the following:
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- almond milk or any other plant-based milk
- unsweetened apple sauce
- and of course Oreo cookies and peanut butter
As always, you can find the full ingredient list as well as the recipe in a separate, printable recipe box underneath the text section.
You need two Oreo cookies for each muffin. So 24 Oreos in total for 12 peanut butter Oreo muffins. Put some peanut butter on the first Oreo, put the second on top, and again spread some peanut butter on top of it. Kinda like an Oreo peanut butter sandwich. Then put these little peanut butter Oreo stacks in a muffin paper liner. Make the vegan chocolate muffin batter and add about 2-3 tablespoons of the batter on top of each Oreo stack. Make sure it runs down the side of the Oreo stacks. Bake for about 18 minutes. That’s it!
The best part is when you cut them in half. Of course besides from eating them. That’s even better. They look absolutely gorgeous, don’t they? I mean you just HAVE TO TAKE A BITE!!
I hope you love them as much as we do around here! I’m just eating one while writing this. Haha!
Sina – xx
Ultimate Peanut Butter Oreo Muffins
For the vegan muffin batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
For the peanut butter Oreo stacks:
- 24 oreo cookies
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- First make the vegan chocolate muffin batter. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Then make the Oreo peanut butter stacks that go inside of the muffins. You need two Oreo cookies for each muffin. Put some peanut butter on the first Oreo, put the second on top, and again spread some peanut butter on top of it. Put one stack in each paper liner.
- Evenly add the muffin batter on top of each stack (about 2-3 tablespoons for each muffin). Make sure it runs down the side of the Oreo stacks. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and bake for 18 minutes. Enjoy!