Vegan Pumpkin Bread
This vegan pumpkin bread with cranberries and pumpkin seeds is the perfect breakfast or afternoon treat! Fragrant with pumpkin spice and chopped walnuts, it's a must during fall.
Servings 10 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons of water, soaked for 5 minutes)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
In a medium bowl, first combine the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients (vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, flax egg, almond milk, and melted coconut oil) and whisk with a wooden spoon.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, depending on your oven. Or check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the pumpkin bread, it should come out clean.
Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
- Instead of brown sugar you can also use maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- To make a gluten-free version, substitute oat flour for the all-purpose flour. You will have a flatter bread this way, but it will still be super yummy.
- Use whole wheat flour for a healthier version.
- You can either use store-bought pumpkin puree or make your own. I usually make my own and freeze it for later.
- I used 1/2 cup of coconut flour and I highly recommend following the recipe and using it. It gives the pumpkin bread such a great texture and taste.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 3815IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.6mg