If you can't decide between Mexican food and pizza, you should try this Mexican pizza! It's vegan, super easy to make, ands so comforting. Perfect for the whole family!
Servings 3 servings
- 1 pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup veggie ground meat
- 1 cup canned kidney beans
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- 1 green chili, sliced
Make your pizza dough. You could use my recipe for a vegan pizza dough. Or use a store-bought one. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Roll out your pizza dough and place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spoon the pizza sauce on top and evenly spread it out.
Now add the toppings. Start by adding the veggie ground meat, then the corn, the bell peppers, the red onion, and the kidney beans.
Top the pizza with vegan cheese.
Bake the pizza for 7-10 minutes at 350 °F. Keep the pizza in the middle of the oven, so the crust won't burn.
Top the pizza with vegan sour cream and sprinkle it with red pepper flakes, sliced green chili, and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
- I didn't include a recipe for a pizza dough in this post. You can either use a store-bought pizza dough or you could check out my vegan pizza dough.
- If you want you could top off the pizza with a bit of vegan sour cream. I usually use store-bought vegan sour cream for this recipe. But you could also make your own. I included a recipe for cashew sour cream in my vegan chili post.
- Every oven is a bit different, so make sure your pizza doesn't get too dark. I recommend checking after 7 minutes. Also make sure to keep the pizza in the middle of the oven.
Calories: 510kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1711mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1185IU | Vitamin C: 50.3mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 6.2mg