Italian Vegan Garbanzo Bean Soup
This Italian vegan garbanzo bean soup is perfect for chilly fall days. It's super easy to make and packed with flavor and nutrients.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 3 stalks celery, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into thin slices
- 1 15,5 oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 14, 5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- about 15 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2 hand full of fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
In a large pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for about 3 minutes. Then add the garlic, the carrots, the celery, and the fennel. Cook for about 4 minutes.
Stir in a can of diced tomatoes, the chickpeas, and three cups of vegetable broth. Cook for about 15 minutes. Then add the cherry tomatoes and the spinach and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Season with fresh parsley, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.