Italian Veggie Pasta
Close your eyes and this veggie pasta with olives, zucchini, eggplant, and capers lets you think you're on a vacation to Italy. Full of color and flavor!
Servings 2 people
- 9 oz whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 cup eggplant, cut into small cubes (about half a small eggplant)
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into small cubes (about one medium zucchini)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into small cubes (about one small bell pepper)
- 1/2 red onion, chooped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup artichokes in oil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- about 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the red onion and the garlic for about 2 minutes. Then add the zucchini, the yellow bell pepper, and the eggplant and cook for another 3 minutes.
Add the cooked pasta and the rest of the ingredients. Stir in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with fresh basil.