Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers (Slow Cooker)
These quinoa stuffed bell peppers are one of my favorite weeknight meals! They're super delicious and incredibly healthy. And the best thing is that they're made in the slow cooker and the recipe couldn't be any easier.
Servings 6 stuffed peppers
For the quinoa stuffed bell peppers:
- 6 bell peppers (orange, yellow, and red)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked black beans or kidney beans
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- green onions, cut into rings
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro or parsley
Cut off the tops of green peppers; discard seeds and membranes. In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Evenly divide the quinoa bean mixture into the bell peppers.
Fill some water (about 3/4 cup) in your slow cooker. Then put the filled bell peppers in the slow cooker. Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Serve the quinoa stuffed peppers with some green onions, guacamole, fresh lime juice, and cilantro or parsley on top. They're also great with salsa!