This vegan butter is super buttery, creamy, rich, and spreadable! And it even melts on warm toast! The recipe couldn't be much easier and the preparation takes just minutes.
Servings 20 servings
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Place the cashews in a blender and process until they resemble a fine flour. This should take about a minute.
Add the remaining ingredients and process until everything is well combined.
Transfer the mixture into a small glass dish and place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- I added nutritional yeast to my vegan butter because it adds buttery flavor. The recipe will still work without the nutritional yeast, but the buttery flavor that makes this vegan butter taste like the real thing will be less.
- Make sure not to add too much or you will end up with super bright yellow butter. A small pinch is enough!
- The butter keeps for about 2 weeks in the fridge. It's best stored in a glass jar covered with a lid. The oils are not the problem as they are very long lasting, but the other ingredients, especially the plant-based milk, will go bad after a while.
- If you can't finish the dairy-free butter before it goes bad, just put it in the freezer. It freezes really well and it lasts in the freezer for about 3 months. To defrost it, just leave it in the fridge to thaw.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.1mg