These roasted chickpeas make such a delicious and healthy snack! They're perfectly seasoned, a bit spicy, and super easy to prepare. They're perfect for parties, snacking in front of the TV, road trips, and so much more!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Drain the canned chickpeas. Then dry them really well using a clean dishtowel. Just gently roll them between the dishtowel. You could also use paper towel.
In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas with olive oil. We'll add the spices after baking because they have a tendency to burn. So don't worry about them for now.
Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
Then take the chickpeas out of the oven and place them in the bowl you used before. Add the spices and toss well until the chickpeas are coated evenly.
Return them to the baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes until they're browned and crunchy.
- It's important to dry the chickpeas as well as possible. This way they will become much crunchier. You could either use a clean dishtowel or paper towel.
- I think it's better to add the spices and seasonings towards the end of the baking time and not right away. Mostly because they have the tendency to burn and make the baked chickpeas a bit bitter. I experimented a bit and I like to first bake the chickpeas for 25 minutes, then add the spices, and bake them for another 10 minutes. This way they will turn out perfectly crispy and spicy.
- Don't skimp on the olive oil. It will make the chickpeas super crispy. Of course you could use less, but your chickpeas will become less crispy this way.
- Once the chickpeas cool, they don't stay as crispy. So it's best to eat them while they're still warm.
- The roasted chickpeas are super versatile. You can get really creative when it comes to the spices and seasonings. I added some ideas above in the text section of this post.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 920mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 10g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2.8mg