This taco pasta with black beans and corn is the perfect weeknight meals. It's a one pot meal, vegan, very easy to make, and sooo delicious! Plus it's packed with protein.
Servings 3 servings
For the taco pasta:
- 12 oz vegan ground meat
- 9 oz ditalini or other small pasta shapes
- 1 orange or red bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon regular paprika powder
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- juice of one lime
- 1 avocado, cut into stripes
- 2 green onions, cut into rings
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Cut the bell pepper into medium-sized pieces.
Combine all ingredients (including the uncooked pasta) in a large pot and cook on medium heat without a lid for 20 minutes. Stir the pasta every few minutes.
In the meantime, slice the avocado, cut the green onions into slices, and roughly chop the fresh cilantro.
Once the cooking time is over, add the lime juice and season the pasta again with salt and pepper to your taste. Serve with the avocado, the green onions, and the cilantro on top. Serve immediately.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 105g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 1358mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1730IU | Vitamin C: 69.1mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 6mg