Vegan Cream Cheese with Cashews
This vegan cream cheese is incredibly creamy, garlicky, and super delicious spread on a fresh bagel or toast. And it's ready in just 5 minutes!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened soy yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons cress
- black pepper, to taste
Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours. If you want to make it easier for your blender you can also soak them overnight.
Drain the cashews and put them in a high speed blender together with the unsweetened soy yogurt, the garlic, the nutritional yeast, the lemon juice, salt, and the herbes de Provence.
Process until smooth. This will take about 3-4 minutes depending on your blender. You want the cashew cream cheese to be super smooth without any chunks.
Season with black pepper and stir in the fresh chives and cress. Enjoy!
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours. For best results, you should use a high speed blender. Be patient, it will take a while!
- Don't cut down the recipe to a smaller batch size as most blenders need a certain amount of cashews to process them into a smooth cream.
- It's really important to use unsweetened plant-based yogurt.
- This recipe freezes really well. Freeze it in a small container and it will last in the freezer for around 2-3 months.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 7.2mg