You will love these zucchini brownies! They're incredibly fudgy, chocolatey, perfectly sweet, and entirely vegan. All you need is 10 minutes of active preparation time!
Servings 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons of water)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 zucchini (about 7 oz)
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Make the flax egg: place the water and the ground flaxseeds in a small bowl and stir well. Let it sit until you make the cake batter. Grate the zucchini. Either use a handheld grater or food processor to grate the zuchini. Give them a quick squeeze.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
Stir with a wooden spoon.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
Roughly chop the dark chocolate and melt it either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Let the brownies cool down for a bit. Roughly chop the walnuts. Then add the melted dark chocolate on top and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts. Let the brownies cool down completely before cutting them into squares.
- For a healthier version, you could replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat or spelt flour.
- Don't worry about wringing out the zucchini. Just give them a quick squeeze before you add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- You could also sprinkle the brownies with chopped cashews or peanuts for a change. If you want you could also add chopped walnuts to the batter.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 3mg