These Mexican pinwheels make a delicious and colorful lunch! They're vegan, super easy to make, and filled with fresh vegetables and beans. Dip them in salsa or guacamole for even more flavor!
Servings 4 people
- 4 tortillas
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese or vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1 cup veggie ground meat
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Thinly slice the bell peppers.
Put each tortilla wrap on a plate or large cutting board. Spread a thin layer of either vegan cream cheese or sour cream on top of each tortilla. Combine the spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle each tortilla with the spices.
Heat the veggie ground meat in a pan on the stovetop. Season it with Mexican spices if necessary (most brands are already seasoned and you don't have to do much).
Then place a line of baby spinach on top. Next a line of black beans, veggie ground meat, bell peppers, and vegan cheese. Then put a bit of the salsa on top.
Tightly roll up the tortilla. Slice off the ends and and then cut the remaining tortilla into 6-8 pieces depending on the size of your tortilla. Serve them with salsa or enjoy them on their own!
- The pinwheels can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free tortillas.
- I used store-bought vegan cream cheese for my pinwheels, but you could also make your own vegan cream cheese with cashews.
- If you're not a fan of plant-based meat alternatives like veggie ground meat, just use more black beans and bell pepper instead.
- For even more flavor, dip them in salsa or guacamole.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 581mg | Potassium: 380mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1995IU | Vitamin C: 62.5mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3.7mg