Vegan Zucchini Bread
You will love this vegan zucchini bread with walnuts and chocolate chips. It's moist, fluffy, and super easy to make! It makes a great snack or breakfast recipe that doesn't require much work!
Servings 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (make sure they're vegan)
Grate the zucchini either in a food processor or with a handheld grater. Then throughly squeeze them with your hands to remove as much excess water as possible.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
Then add the mashed banana, the apple sauce, the maple syrup, the oil, and the vanilla extract. Stir until combined. Then add the grated zucchini and stir quickly.
Next, mix in the chopped walnuts and the dark chocolate chips. Make sure not to overmix the batter as this can cause the zucchini bread to not rise properly
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (let the parchment paper overlap the loaf pan) and pour the vegan zucchini bread batter into the loaf pan.
Bake your zucchini bread for 40-50 minutes. Do a toothpick test to check if the zucchini bread is done. Just stick a toothpick into the center of your zucchini bread. If there is wet batter on the toothpick, it needs more time. But if it comes out clean, it's done.
Let the zucchini bread cool down in the loaf pan for about 20 minutes before moving it to a cooling rack. If you take it out too early, it might break apart.
- Don't overmix the batter.
- Make sure to let the parchment paper overlap the loaf pan, so it's very easy to remove the zucchini bread after baking.
- It's very important that you let the zucchini bread cool down in the loaf pan for about 20 minutes before moving it to a cooling rack. If you take it out too early, it might break apart.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1.3mg