Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
This vegan mushroom stroganoff is super easy, decadent, incredibly creamy, and so easy to make! It makes such a great weeknight dinner, but it's also perfect for a nice Sunday family dinner. And it's ready in just 20 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 6 cups brown button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons vegan sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable broth powder
- freshly chopped parsley
Finely chop the onion. Heat some oil in a large pan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes until they're translucent. Add the garlic and cook it for another minute.
Add the flour, the tomato paste, and the paprika powder and stir well. Cook for 2 minutes until lightly brown.
Deglaze with white wine and simmer for a minute.
Then add the mushrooms and stir well with a wooden spoon so they're covered with the tomato paste onion mixture. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
Add the vegan sour cream. Season with freshly pressed lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately over pasta or mashed potatoes and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- I used a combination of brown button mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms for this dish. However, you could also just use button mushrooms if you want. For a more "meat-like" version, you could also replace some of the button mushrooms with portobello mushrooms.
- This dish is great with pasta, mashed potatoes, or even with rice.
- I used store-bought vegan sour cream, but if you can't find it, you could also make your own vegan sour cream with cashews.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1.1mg