Vegan Alfredo Sauce
This vegan Alfredo sauce is the perfect comfort food! It's so incredibly creamy and rich without being packed with butter and cream like traditional Alfredo sauce. And it's super easy to make. 25 minutes is all you need!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 heaped cups cauliflower
- 1/2 cup cashews (unsalted and not roasted)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk (add after cooking)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- freshly chopped parsley
- cooked fettuccine
Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place them in a sauce pan together with the cashews, the garlic, and the almond milk. Add the nutritional yeast. Stir everything with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes. There won't be much liquid left. Transfer everything into a high speed blender. Add the lemon juice, a pinch of nutmeg, apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup more unsweetened almond or soy milk as well as salt and pepper.
Process until smooth. This should take about 30-60 seconds.
Cook the fettuccine according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
Pour the blended sauce into a pan and cook for a minute. Then add the cooked fettuccine and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper again if you want.
Serve immediately and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- It's important to have a good high speed blender for this recipe. A conventional blender most likely can't properly process the cashews and your sauce won't be as creamy.
- If you want your Alfredo sauce to be really garlicky, add another clove of garlic. I used two cloves of garlic for this recipe.
- Make sure to use all of the ingredients for the sauce. I experimented a long time with this vegan Alfredo until I was 100 % satisfied.
- It's super important to use unsweetened almond or soy milk. Don't use sweetened milk for this recipe even if it's only lightly sweetened. You will taste it!
- If you want you could also add some veggies like spinach, peas, or mushrooms to your vegan Alfredo sauce.
- I've also got a vegan chicken Alfredo with broccoli on the blog. Feel free to combine both recipes if you want to add a bit more protein to your meal.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 1.2mg