Easy Pasta Salad
This easy pasta salad with basil and tomatoes is one of my favorites! It's ready in only 15 minutes and makes such a great side for BBQs and potlucks. If you're looking for a simple pasta salad that is ready in no time, then you will LOVE this recipe!
Servings 4 servings
- 9 oz penne
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water after cooking.
While the pasta is cooking, cut the tomatoes into cubes and finely chop the shallot and the garlic. Cut the fresh basil into thin stripes.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl combine the olive oil with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
In a large salad bowl combine the uncooked pasta with the basil, the shallot, the garlic, and the tomatoes with the dressing. Put the pasta salad in the fridge for at least an hour before serving it.
- It's important to put the pasta salad in the fridge for at least an hours. This way the flavors will be more pronounced.
- Rinse the pasta with cold water after cooking.
- Of course you could also use other pasta shapes for this simple pasta salad such as fusilli or spaghetti
- I also like to sprinkle roasted pine nuts on top.
- You could also use arugula instead of basil. Or even add other veggies such as grilled zucchini or olives.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 770IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.2mg