Spinach Artichoke Pasta
This spinach artichoke pasta is the ultimate comfort food! It's super easy to make, incredibly creamy, and completely vegan! It makes such a delicious weeknight meal!
Servings 3 servings
For the creamy sauce:
- 1/2 cup cashews (unsalted and not roasted)
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- black pepper
For the pasta:
- 9 oz penne
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 6 cups fresh spinach
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
Make the sauce: place all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth.
Roughly chop the artichoke hearts and wash the spinach.
In a large pan, add the spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted. Set aside. Pour the sauce into the same pan and heat until it thickens up. Then add the artichokes, the wilted spinach, and the cooked penne. Season with salt and pepper.