Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad
This vegan pesto pasta salad with arugula, cherry tomatoes, and black olives is perfect for BBQs and picnics. It comes together in only 20 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
For the vegan pasta pesto salad:
- 17 oz spaghetti I used tri-color ones
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup black olives, cut into rings
- 5 tablespoons tomato caper pesto Either use the tomato caper spread from GlobeIn or use the recipe below
- 1 tablespoon Za'atar Spice Mix with roasted sesame seeds Alternatively you can also use one tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds and 1/2 teaspoon thyme
For the sun-dried tomato caper pesto:
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
Place them in a salad bowl and stir in the tomato caper pesto, the olives, the tomatoes, and the arugula. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the Za'atar Spice Mix with roasted sesame seeds.
If you are not using the above mentioned pesto or spice mix from GlobeIn, make the homemade version of the pesto while the spaghetti are cooking. Place the sun-dried tomatoes and capers together with olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and combine with the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and add 1/2 teaspoon thyme.