Vegan Potato Kale Soup
This vegan potato kale soup does not only look really fancy, but it's also super delicious and packed with nutrients! Just perfect for Christmas!
Servings 2 servings
For the vegan potato kale soup:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2,5 heaped cups potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 heaped cup carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 heaped cup celery (root), chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups leek, cut into rings
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 handfull kale, cut into stripes
- black pepper
For the topping:
- 2 slices whole wheat toast
- one teaspoon vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons soy or oat cuisine/cream
In a large pot, heat some olive oil and sauté the onion for about 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
Stir in the potatoes, carrots, celery, and leek. Cook for 3 minutes. Then add the vegetable broth and cook for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, make the homemade croutons. Cut the whole wheat toast into small cubes. Heat the vegan margarine in a small pan and roast the toast cubes for about 3 minutes until they're crispy and golden. Set aside.
After the soup has cooked for about 15 minutes, add the kale and cook for another 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and blend until creamy. If you want the soup to be thinner, add some more vegetable broth.
Top the soup off with soy or oat cuisine and sprinkle it with roasted pumpkin seeds and homemade croutons.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1524mg | Potassium: 1131mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 13950IU | Vitamin C: 137.8mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 4.7mg