Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry with Potatoes
This easy vegan chickpea curry with potatoes, peas, and carrots is perfect for quick weeknight dinners! It’s delicious, comforting, and packed with protein and nutrients. And it’s ready in only 30 minutes!
Servings 3 servings
- 1 cup rice (Jasmine or brown rice)
- 1 small onion, cut into stripes
- 2 small potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (optional) adjust if the curry paste you're using is very spicy, mine was very mild
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- black pepper
- cashews (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes. Then add the potatoes and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in the red curry paste and the curry and cook for another minute.
Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, carrot, chickpeas, and peas and cook for about 20 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with cashews and cilantro.
- Adjust the curry paste to your personal liking. The curry paste I used was rather mild.
- I included potatoes in the original recipe. However, if you want the recipe to be quicker, you can just leave them out. Cook the curry for about 15 minutes if you’re not using potatoes.
- Serve the curry with brown rice for a healthier version.
- I used frozen peas, but of course you can also use fresh green peas.
- This recipe freezes well. You can freeze it in an airtight container for up to three months.
- It will last about 4-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container. D
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 1151mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3850IU | Vitamin C: 41.7mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 8mg