Sweet Potato Muffins with Blueberries
These sweet potato muffins with blueberries are super healthy, sweet, extremely moist, incredibly easy to make, and of course vegan!
Servings 12 servings
For the sweet potato muffins:
- 2 1/2 heaped cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (whole wheat flour is fine as well)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries
- homemade coconut whipped cream
In a medium pot, bring some water to a boil and cook the sweet potatoes until they're fork tender. This will take about 10 minutes.
Drain and place them together with the almond milk into a food processor and blend until smooth.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, the sugar, the baking powder, the vanilla, the cinnamon, and the salt and add the sweet potato mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
Add the blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the sweet potato muffin batter. Bake at 350 °F for about 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.
Let them cool down for about half an hour and serve them with homemade coconut whipped cream (instructions in the text above) and fresh berries. Enjoy!