Vegetable Chop Suey
This Chinese vegetable chop suey is packed with flavor and it's so easy to make. Serve it over rice and you got a delicious and healthy meal!
Servings 2 people
- 2 cloves of garlic, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 large carrot, cut into slices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1/2 Spanish onion, cut into medium-sized chunks
- about 10 mushrooms, cut into halves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 pak choi, cut into slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, cut into rings
In a large pan, heat some oil, add the bell pepper, the carrot, the Spanish onion, the mushrooms, the garlic, and the ginger and cook for 6 minutes. Add the pak choi and cook another 3 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the sauce and add it to the veggies together with the bean sprouts. Cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over rice and sprinkle with green onions.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 1867mg | Potassium: 1031mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 12650IU | Vitamin C: 299.5mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 2.7mg